Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long time no post!

Hi Everybody!
Sorry that I haven't posted for SO LONG! I just figured out today how to post from the hospital...I know...I'm a little challenged when it comes to these things! Last month I was in the Newborn Nursery which was lots and lots of fun! I think it's my favorite thing so far that I've done aside from Aiken clinic. I really enjoyed taking care of healthy newborns. I've gotten quite good at circumcisions now. They're pretty fun and I think I get a pretty good cosmetic result :-) Yesterday I started in the Neonatal ICU so it's a lot different but so far I'm really enjoying it. Such TINY little babies! We have one that weighs one pound. Yesterday I intubated one that weighs just over 3 pounds..it's amazing and very interesting so I think I'll have a really fun month!
Jonathan is doing quite well. He is on Neurology right now and so far it has been much, much better than my experience as a 3rd year. He's had really good hours and great attendings. In about 2 weeks he is going with my brothers on a ski trip to Vail,CO...without me :-( It's ok though. I have lots of NICU call that week and wouldn't really see him anyway. It will be hardest on the Shih Tzus since their daddy won't be there to take care of them in the AM when I'm on call, but I'm sure they'll manage. We are really looking forward to the holidays! I have 5 days off for Christmas and then I'm working on New Year's. I'm really looking forward to seeing our families and also Julia, Andy and little Lydia Grace!!!!!! I'm finished with her present and I can't wait to post a picture :-)

No comments: