Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Holidays!



Merry Christmas everyone!!! So far this has been my favorite Christmas ever. Even though I've been in the NICU and working a LOT, it has been such a fun and meaningful last few weeks. Jonathan and I put up our tree right after Thanksgiving. Above is what it looks like except with a few more presents under it now :-) We have gone to the MOST fun Christmas parties this year EVER!!! Nancy and Staples, yours was an absolute BLAST! Matt and Lauren, it was an "award winning time" :-). We had a wonderful dinner and lights tour with Marion and Rudy and several really fun parties at work. Tonight I went to caroling party at "Mama (Dr.) McKie's" house with lots of good food and fun times a the end!! On top of all the excitement and joy of these events, it has been an amazing month in the NICU. It's been actually a little bit scary to me how much I've enjoyed neonatal intensive care. It's extraordinarily challenging, but at the same time incredibly rewarding to have this amazingly tiny, fragile creature that God has already given such a big job to do - grow! Taking care of them and their scared and anxious parents has been so far one of the biggest jobs and greatest joys of my residency...we'll just have to see what happens :-)
Jonathan is just wrapping up a week in Vail, CO, (without me obviously) with my brothers. Apparently it was incredible weather and beautiful powder...sigh...maybe next year I will be with him! I am so glad that he had the chance to go on such a fun trip though. He is finished with the last hard part of med school!!! This next half year should be a little easier for him and I know he's really looking forward to it....especially peds ;-)
The Shih Tzus are doing well. More than anyone they wish that Jonathan would come home...they miss him and are getting kind of tired of their mom's erratic hours. It's so great to shop for them...their presents are hanging in their stockings in the living room and I don't even think they've realized it yet.
We can't wait to see everyone over Christmas!! I will be in the ER the 27th-1st (which should be interesting) so we hope to see you all before then. Although I will have a NICE month in January so we can see some of you then too!

No comments: